- Ignore the six o’clock alarm. Goddammit, it is Thanksgiving and even I deserve a rest!
- Get up at six fifteen when Sheridan prods me in the side
- Decide on which power suit to wear. Possibly the navy three piece. (Allow up to an hour, plus ten minutes for Sheridan telling me it’s the wrong one.)
- Do a small happy dance when it reaches seven thirty. Time to start the day.
- Breakfast: Three options
- Cereal. Weetabix, given to me as a gift from Terrence. Tempting, but I’m sure that being PM has messed with that man’s head as those things taste like straw.
Fruit. Sheridan is still considering this diet thing.Not happening. No Fruit.
- Pancakes. True american breakfast! Decision made.
- Consider firing Elaine for pointing out that the Ancient Greeks made pancakes and that Canada is responsible for maple syrup.
- Change my mind about firing Elaine when she points out that the bacon is American. ‘Murica! As the internet likes to say.
- Give Terrence a call. Thank him for the cereal. Weirdo.
- Daily Briefing time. Pieces of paper covered in threats. Eight parts terrifying, one part confusing and the rest of it is pure excitement.
- Meet up with Ricardo. Ecuadorian PM. He’s such a tool. ‘I would like this, I would like that.’ He offers me nothing. Ever. Ass.
- Have some more lunch. Why not? This one’s a business lunch at least.
- Talk to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I need to know what’s going on with the Russia business. Allow for the longest amount of time.
- Quick run around the grounds if there’s time before dinner.
- Dinnertime dinnertime dinnertime. I swear if I wasn’t six feet tall people would claim I was a hobbit.
- An early night tonight. Tomorrow is the G20. Got to be rested well. Man my life is boring sometimes.
The Idiot in Tin Foil